Good Day All Clients,
1. Tropical Storm Warning (Isaias) is approaching the NYC area, and heavy rainfall, strong winds and moderate flooding are expected from this storm. The storm may get worse over the next day as such, Xincon has activated its’ Emergency Disaster Preparedness Plan.
2. We are encouraging you to have a plan in place of where you will stay if you live in a Flood Zone, and there is flooding. Plan to get to your safe plan ahead of the storm.
3. Xincon will always try its’ best to provide you with service providing that it is safe for our aides. The safety of our clients and our aides are our priority. Remember 911 lines may be very busy and help to you may be delayed.
4. Do not go outside unnecessarily; if you have to protect yourselves. Stay away from hanging wires; report any loose wires or down trees to call 311.
5. It is important that you have:
o Enough medication for at least 7 days
o Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
o Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
o Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
o Extra batteries
o First aid kit
o Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
o Manual can opener (for food)
o Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery. Keep your cell phone fully charged
o If you use Oxygen, you need to have a back-up portable tank